Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Post 3: This is what Happens when You Wake up at 2pm. (I really Like what I say in this one)

...You have a complete lack of inspiration for the entire day.
And now I'm not tired at all.

I was going to write about some connection I made, but it doesn't seem as cool now.
______________________________________________________________________

Nothing new musically, I'm broke.
I need to learn how to parallel park correctly before next Tuesday. I can't always get it on the first try.
I got my hair cut, it looks kinda cute =)

I have an idea for a photoshop project. I can see it looking really cool in my head...I just gotta start it. You know me, it'll be a photography project. I hope it comes out good. If you've seen the cover of that book I made freshman year, for english, its the same concept. But realistic, obviously. Two photos as one, the mirror scene thing, two different people. I'm feeling a bit personality-disorder-ish. I'm happy I'm a Gemini, I can just blame astrology for everything. My super hyper/lazy sides, my really deep/comedian sides, my cynicism/belief in good in people, my eternal smiling optimism/dark pessimism. If you really want, I can explain it better, but you'll see when it's done. But I first gotta find a mirror. I wrote that chunk about my oppisite-ness in the middle of this paragraph. awkward writing flow. sorry.

woo. time to sound a bit happier!
I can't stand highschool sterotypes in pop culture.
It's driving me a bit nuts.

random connection to literature?!?!?! (LOF specifically made me think of this) I mean, I guess certain "Types" of people can be shown (connection came up from leadership of that one kid whose name is escaping me, Piggy's rationality, etc) (if you've read the book, I hope you know what I'm talking about) , but I'd prefer if these one-dimensional character types weren't on the Disney Channel. All of the popular girls are rich bitches, all of the Jocks are dumb, and all of the nerds get thrown into trash cans. Can we show that people aren't just a label. Not that this would have any value if it was alligory-ish (i think that's the lit term...) This channel is targeted at kids in middle school mostly, and I think that's why freshmen are the way they are. Not to be a total hypocrite and throw all freshmen into a category, but a lot of youngies seem to believe in the sterotypes I outlined above, keeping them in their same social circles they've established since 7th grade.

hmm, after that little rant... I've deduced that It's not just Middle School that ruins kids (friend o' mine said that...and I guess I believe it), but its the message that is somehow given to them, saying that they belong in a certain clique, this clique is destined to hate certain other cliques, and for some reason, there is no leaving the established clique. That is, until you grow the eff up.

THEREFORE, I BLAME MAINSTREAM MEDIA.
(and the rap music, lmao)

as I commonly mention in conversations about conformity:
"All of the kids who don't want to conform get together, shop at the same stores, listen to the same crappy music, and end up looking exactly the same."

This is what happens when you let Kori watch the Disney Channel.

One thing I do want to know though, is how do cliques start, really? we go from all being friends in our little classes of 25 in elementary school, to being middle schoolers who think we know everything, who somehow end up hanging out only with our best friends, and eventually wage war on those who once were our friends.

Personal connection: Yeah, i was a really lame middle schooler who talked to no one, but when I went to 6th grade, I can't really remember any good friends who I made who went to other elementary schools.

____________________________________________________________________
OKAY, now that a ton of my friends think I've lost it... I'm going to stop here.

wow. that was a bit weird to say the least.

No comments: