Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Post #1: Goals

So, the first post of this one-a-day journal thing. I guess some of my friends might read this, cuz I'm way to lazy to un-sync it from facebook, And I will copy it to Myspace, just cuz I like to.

Oh! before I actually get going, I want to share that I bought 3 albums yesterday:
One that came out today, (yeah, it said July 7th, but I bought it at like 11:50 something) One that came out 2 weeks ago, and one that came out a few months after I was born...hehe.









--Nothing Personal (All Time Low)
--Octahedron (The Mars Volta)
--Big Ones (Aerosmith)
I usually don't buy nearly this much music in one day, either, so its a big thing.
My comments:

Nothing Personal: Actually, I didn't like this as much as I thought I would. Then again, the last All Time Low album I bought took a while to grow on me, so maybe I'll like this one later.

Octahedron: Really interesting. I didn't even know The Mars Volta until a friend brought them up in a spontaneous conversation, and then it took a while for me to like their stuff, so I only knew 4 or 5 songs by them before I bought it, but I like it a lot.

Big Ones: Should I even have to say anything about this one? Aerosmith, and some of their best stuff. I really don't know why I never bought this album before. I knew all of the songs, I guess I wanted to steal the CD from my dad and I kept forgetting, so I just spent $7 (for 15 songs, may I add.) Favorite songs: Angel, Love in an Elevator, Livin' On the Edge. Might change though, once I listen to the ones I didn't know as well before.
Yeah, I just looked at my reflection of All Time Low's new album, then looked at the songs I had by them, and decided that I'd pay $3 for the rest of their album Put Up or Shut Up. And I already like it better than this new one... but I do have to give it a chance.

Oh, and Yes, I do like overrated-sorta-crappy-pop-punk bands. Let me be!!!
Obviously, if you know me at all, you know I don't limit myself to one genre, so you can't judge me. =P


NOW, ONTO WHAT I WANTED TO WRITE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
ya'know, this is why I never finish anything, I find other things more interesting and go back to them and do unnecessary work on them, I could have just told you that I bought new music, but noooo, I had to go into unnecessary detail about things you don't care about, and now I'm rambling, wonderful.
...
you see, I wrote the below sentence before I wrote all of the above crap.
...
...
Well, this is my first post, so I want to set out some goals for myself.
I'm am NOWHERE near a goal-setting type of person, either, so this can get tough.
Goals for this summer:
-Actully post once a day like I said I would
-Get My Driver's Licence
-Go to Connecticut and have an amazing time.
-Learn to play guitar better
-Hang with Sio while in CT
-See a friend other than just Kate while in CT
-Do my summer homework =)
-Do something I've never done before
-Draw things
-Take a lot of photos
-Make new friends

Wow. That's really boring.
Well, they're realistic.









No comments: